jade ed gypsy

Monday, May 22, 2006

Jade Ed's "J" List

This was a lot of fun! Sometime's I forget how much I love words. Just looking through a list, so many words bring to mind memories and stories and emotions!

I’ll skip the obvious pleasures of lounging in one's jammies, Jamison’s, joints and jailbait… oh come on… you know at least one of them is, or has been, a vice for you too. And I don’t mean jailbait literally…just significantly younger…I’ll also skip the too obvious Jaded, and anyway, I’m really not… Jaded…I’m only Jade Ed.

1. Java- One of my favorite beverages. Hot, iced, however… just so long as its caffeinated. I usually prefer it in a large cup with lots of cream and no sugar, cuz I like my coffee like I like my men, tall, hot and a little bitter…

2. Jealousy- Something I must admit I suffer from. Not proud of it, but I am fond of being the favorite.

3. Je ne sais quoi- Literal translation from the French is “I know not what.” Meaning something that cannot be adequately described or expressed. I often find that my usual ability to communicate intelligently goes out the window when faced with expressing my feelings about the really important things in life, like love, faith and authenticity.

4. Juicy- There’s nothing better than something juicy… mangoes, peaches, watermelon, strawberries, a story, imagination…

5. June bug- a bug that I hate, because they are stupid and ugly and they hiss and get stuck in your hair. But, a word that makes me laugh… when I think of the way they turn Cindy into a little girl and when I think of rehearsing lines many years ago for The Real Queen of Hearts Ain’t Even Pretty with Jody Baker, Gillian Johnson and Jody Fitz, and laughing sooo hard that gin came out my nose!

6. January- Great month that produced not only myself, but also some of my favorite people. Sorry though Lecram, Houston and Kowboi, Aquarians still beat Capricorns! Kien and Joe, please back me up on that.

7. Jutting- As in hipbones…nuff said…(I think a trip to the store would be appropriate right about now!)

8. Journey- What I consider life to be, navigating through this great big beautiful mixed up world with all of my fellow beautiful mixed up souls.

9. Jukebox- One of my favorite things in the whole world. I could feed a jukebox all night long…I love to play human jukebox when friends come over, sharing songs that are meaningful to me or move me in some way. And I love it when I ask someone “What do you feel like hearing?” and I get to watch them smile when I walk over to my CD collection and put it on.

10. Jasmine- One of the best smells on the planet. Not the car air-freshener kind, but the real thing, on a warm summer breeze, wafting in through an open window…sublime.

And one more just cuz… all of the wonderful J’s in my life… my mom-Jeanne…Joel…Jayne…Joe…Jag…Julie…and, of course, Johnny Depp!

4 Were Jade Ed :

  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    0. heh-heh.....you said jailbait AND jammies in the same sentence. Naughty, naughty...

    2. just stick with green fairy instead of green genie....

    5. I hate Junebugs too!!! Every year when I go home to NE, they're waiting on the window....trying to get in...

    7. ROADTRIP TO THE STORE!!!!

    8. "Wheel in the sky" -- oh, not that Journey..

    11. argh!! Mom ahead of me I get. I can even tolerate SSM in front of me :) -- but Depp at the end of the line!?!?!? What were you thinking!?!?!?!?

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    End of the line... go to the store...

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Janglingly jamming! Aquarians rock! oh, ok, but so do Caps!

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    get used to ssm in front of you. i'm not a backdoor man.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home