jade ed gypsy

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Crush Week in Blogland


OK, so first there was Bobby Sherman ,then Donny Osmond... innocent crushes, followed by David Cassidy, Shawn Cassidy, Andy Gibb... actors are great, singers even better, but guitar playing singingactingohmygodthat hairthatsmilethoseeyeshisass inthosewranglers!!!! My ultimate teen idol who still sends me to the store in my...ahem...late thirties, and I mean handsfree shopping, yes it's that good... REX SMITH circa late 70's, early 80's. I made my first E-Bay purchase last week. I bought this movie and fortunately it arrived "Sooner" than I hoped. I've been thrown back in time...my heart throb in his prime! I have cleaned my entire apartment so that APj will loan me her record player as my reward. When it arrives I will listen to all of my coveted, well worn Rex LPs and dream some more.


This is the movie that inspired me to take guitar lessons at 13. I was even lucky enough to take them from a hot blonde 17 year old whose hair looked kinda like Rex's. Alas, he was a "good boy" and the lovely Laurie nabbed him.


It's amazing how a movie, or even an image can take ya back... and make ya smile...

Ahhh....damn he was pretty.

7 Were Jade Ed :

  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger lecram sinun said…

    ::sigh:: LOL! So, are you gonna join them merry band of "Rexeteers" anytime soon?

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    didn't he have a role in "pirates of penzance" with kevin kline and angela lansbury?
    i'm glad he chose music over theater. music needs more actors.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    No lecram, not yet.

    SSM- actually he WAS in PofP. Pretty much did musical theater after. 'Cept for his stint at hosting Solid Gold.
    :)

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    you neglected to say that we watched the MUCH abridged version of the movie in your livingroom:
    fast forwarding thru all the parts without Rex....

    Is apartment clean enough yet?

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Yes, apartment is clean enough, plus, friend with sick kitty needs cheering...:)

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    my kitty needs cheering up also....

    :)

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Theraminman-
    Cleaning the apartment is only what appears to be. Jade Ed Girl is the sincere one. APj is the one ya gotta watch out for. She takes her "kitty" "to the store" and then tells everyone!!! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home