jade ed gypsy

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Nickety Splickets Series of (Possibly) Fortunate Events

Due to a strange twist in the cosmos, the company from which I was so recently a breathe away from being fired, may offer me a promotion next week. Both of our Doctors recently quit. We have been making do with relief Docs all month. Two weeks ago our Hospital Director put in her notice, then went on vacation. Big wig above her went on vacation the next day, not due to return until HD's last day. So- here we are last week, all of us minions, with no leader, no schedule, no idea what is going on. Do we show up for work? Are we all fired? What to do? Well, I called the company "care line"- they didn't care. The next level big wig?- No response. Kept going until I reached the VP of the chain. He hooked me up with Kurt, our "advisor." Kurt promtly put me in charge until something could be worked out. I booked us a few Dr days, scheduled the staff and dealt with a bunch of pissed off clients. (No, I did not threaten to kick any of their asses:) Big Wig came back from Holiday today and scheduled a meeting with me next week to discuss promotion to Hospital Manager. Karma? We'll see?

2 Were Jade Ed :

Post a Comment

<< Home