jade ed gypsy

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Sidewaste

Finally saw the film "Sideways" yesterday. Cannot for the life of me understand why this film was so well received. The clerk at Blockbuster could not believe that I didn't care for it. She said I was the first person to dislike it. I asked why it appealed to her, to which she responded: "It's like real... that's the way men are." Wow. I am definately not worthy of the Jade Ed title. I don't believe that all, or even most, men are that shallow, self-centered and down-right ridiculous. Nor do I believe that we women are so desperate as to seek a connection with men who have no apparent redeeming qualities. Whatta you all think?

14 Were Jade Ed :

  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    jade ed,
    well, you obviously went to a different Blockbuster then me, cause I had the same conversation you did! I am so tired of hot,smart,intelligent,and/or top-shelf women being paired with "shallow hal's" in the movies, partly because I think it encourages that behavior in real life (?).
    so...you are not alone. Remember the In Living Color movie reviewers?
    "Hated it!"
    :-)

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is this the film where they go on a wine tasting trip?

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    yeah - wine trip before wedding, yadda, yadda....

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    i'm glad that you extremely intelligent women didn't fall for this movie. it is twisted and not indicative of most men looking for love. i plan on seeing it next week just so i can boo. by the way, want to come up and see my etchings sometime?

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I watched a bit of it on the plane and decided it was crap and so switched to another channel.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    10. The Roches--Nurds
    12. Elvis Costello--Spike
    13. R.E.M.--Out Of Time
    14. Harry Nilsson--Son Of Schmilsson
    15. The Proclaimers--Sunshine On Leith
    16. The Proclaimers--This Is The Story
    17. Simon and Garfunkle--Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M.
    18. Steely Dan--Katy Lied
    19. Little Feat--Feats Don't Fail Me Now
    20. Ian Dury and The Blockheads--the one with "hit me with your rhythm stick

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Ahh, validation... This is why I love my friends. Well, I'd still love ya if you disagreed with me, but i'm glad ya didn't on this one. And Dyer- have you some NEW etchings?

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    oh, do i have etchings. and etchings. and etchings. etchings galore. etchings up the...never mind (there was no way the finish on that was gonna sound good).
    by the way, i'm going to start making candles again.
    that's like really sensitive and deep, isn't it?
    can someone advise before i actually have to start making them?

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yea, don't forget the wicks.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger thereminman said…

    make them so the fire part goes on top.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger lecram sinun said…

    I don't know about sensitive and deep... more like hot and waxy.

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    May consider it sensitive if they are scented. And deep... hmmm... depends on the wick I guess.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    many thanks oh lame ones. i guess i'm way more sensitive than you, because i already thought of all that junk.
    nicki, it looks like my son may be working near you. he says he's been hired to be a dog groomer (aka buttshaver)right where your clinic is.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Joel, ya I know. Told the manager he was a great kid, responsible, respectful and such after I saw him walk by with a group of applicants. Glad to hear they hired him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home