jade ed gypsy

Friday, April 29, 2005

Just for Fun

Desert Island Discs:
You have the foresight to know that you will soon soon be stranded on a deserted island. Which 10 Cds will you bring with you? The rules are: No Greatest Hits albums, No Compilations: GO!
My picks: (in no particular order)
Mazzy Star- So Tonight that I Might See
Indigo Girls- Indigo Girls
Radiohead- The Bends
David Sylvian- Secrets from the Beehive
Lloyd Cole- Rattlesnakes
Cowboy Junkies- Trinity Session
AC/DC- Back in Black
Pearl Jam- 10
David Bowie- Ziggy Stardust
Jimi Hendrix- Axis, Bold as Love
I know,it's damn hard, I've already thouht of 10 others I CANNOT LIVE without! And of course I reserve the right to update my list in May. Or perhaps it will be June.... :)

8 Were Jade Ed :

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    okay...I've been thinking about this all day - really brought my productivity down.... Hard to limit to only 10, but I thought it was important to have a lot of variety: 'cause if I'm gonna be stuck, I KNOW my ADD will kick in and make me go nuts if all my music sounds the same...so I thought I had to have a little of this and a little of that. So, here's my list, in no particular order:
    Isley Brothers - Essential Isley
    Brothers
    Cat Stevens - Numbers
    Indigo Girls - Swamp Ophelia
    Cheap Trick - Live at Buddokan
    The Beatles - Revolver
    Eric Clapton - Blues
    Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell
    Ray Charles - anthology
    Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells a Story
    Wicked - The Soundtrack

    Hmm...that's the list as of today...this moment....subject to update, redirect, change, etc.

    this was a fun challenge--thanks!

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Led Zep----Led Zep 2
    Led Zep----Houses of the Holy
    Doors ---- Waiting for the Sun
    Nick Drake--Five Leaves Left
    Michael Jackson--The Wall
    Gillian Welch--Hell Among The Yearlings
    Marvin Gaye---What's Going On
    John Mc Laughlin--Electric Guitarist
    Acetone---Acetone
    Tchaikovsky--Romeo and Juliet Overture

    Led Zep 2 because every track is brilliant.

    Houses of the Holy because "The song remains the same".

    Waiting for the sun because "Summer's Almost Gone".

    Five leaves left because of "The River Man" and "Fruit Tree". Two of the most beautiful pieces ever (brings tears to my eyes) and he was a poet.

    The wall, a classic album, reminds me of Marcel's place in Bangsar and the happy days of the sun.

    Hell among the yearlings because of the simplicity of beautiful songs.

    What's going on, his best music ever.

    Electric Guitarist because Marcel reminded me of it, he excels.

    Acetone because there are some beautiful moments that touch my soul.

    Romeo and Juliet because I heard it as a child and it fills me with feelings of beauty, happiness and sadness.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Thanks for rising to the challenge. Think I may have to take you all to the island with me, if only to expand my listening options :)

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    hey! how about 10 people (dead or alive) that you would most like to be stranded with?
    APj

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Hey mister thereminman" (geddit?), I was completely down in the dumps not so long ago and carried on regardlessly with my things. Put Led Zep on and almost in an instant, after a few bars of the Immigrant song ("How The West Was Won'), I was catapulted into a different dimension. Uplifted beyond theremin frequencies of the most exquisite kind.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger lecram sinun said…

    Mine in no particular order... and I won't repeat those who have posted... just in case we all end up on the island together.

    * Ricki Lee Jones: Its like this

    * Joe Pass: Virtuoso

    * Joan Osborne: Rightous Love

    * John McLaughlin: Que Alegria

    * Ian Dury and the Blockheads: Sex & Drugs & Rock n Roll

    * The Very Best of Burt Bacharach

    * Stevie Wonder: Songs in the Key of Life

    * Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon

    * Ella Fitzgereld: Pure Ella

    * Brazil Classics 1: Beleza Tropical

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    Rickie Lee Jones--Flying Cowboys
    Jonathon Richman--Rock and Roll Hits (an original album)
    Fiona Apple--Tidal
    Southern Culture On The Skids--Plastic Seat Sweat
    Billy Joel--The Stranger
    General Public--General Public
    Soy Cowboy--Soy Cowboy
    Rolling Stones--Sticky Fingers
    Michelle Shocked--Short Sharp Shocked
    11) Presidents of the United States of America (self titled)

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Lelly said…

    I'm one of those types that likes a good jig around and enjoys getting copies and compliations mad-up by chums...so half the time i din't know what I'm listening to, but here goes!

    The Stones--Their Satanic Majesties?
    Dandy Wharhols(?)--13 Tales?
    Propaganda--um, Propaganda???
    XTC--errr, Generals and Majors?
    Massive Attack--100th Window
    The Pixies--(I've no idea 'this monkey's gone to heaven' one)
    B52's--(yellow cover..Rock Lobster etc)
    Asian Dub Foundation--absolutely no idea
    Madonna--Music (got one!)
    Heaven 17--Penthouse and Pavements

    10...phew!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home