jade ed gypsy

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Does this mean I'm in the mush pot?

Well, it looks like I’m “It” as everyone else has already been tagged. So I think I’ll do it backwards.

5 Toys: 1. …..Oh, my God… I have no toys. Really, no toys at all…not even… oh, well, I might have a toy or two, but I can’t tell you about them… Let’s move on, shall we?

5 Greatest Joys: 1. Bodhi 2. Veruca 3. my nephew Marc 4. theater 5. my friends.

5 Favorite TV Shows: 1. Alias (and yes Apj, I will quit watching if Michael is really dead) 2. Lost, OK those are the only 2 shows I watch regularly. 3. I did catch that “Danny Bonaduce is having a breakdown reality show” and must admit I was glued to the TV for 2 hours. Probably because I find men who are emotionally unstable addicts with anger management issues appealing, but that’s another story.

5 Things I’d never wear: 1. a bikini 2. stilettos (yes Kien, we have that in common) 3. a fur coat 4. anything yellow 5. some else’s underwear.

5 places I’d run away to: 1. Seattle 2. Ireland 3. Boston 4. Italy and 5. the town in France where Johnny Depp lives.

5 things I’d do with $100,000,000.00: 1. buy homes for family, friends and self. 2. have all friends and some family quit jobs and travel all over the world with me. 3. Open lot’s of no- kill animal shelters. 4. Donate to brain disease research and 5. buy a 1968 Thunderbird convertible and have it painted aqua blue.

5 snacks: 1. celery and organic peanut butter. 2. popcorn with butter, garlic and parmesan cheese. 3. Trader Joe’s Ginger Cream Jo-Jos. 4. pecans. 5. Ben-n-Jerry’s.

5 Songs I know all the words to: 1. “This Monkey’s Gone to Heaven” by the Pixies, 2. “Hot Child in the City” by Nick Gilder. 3. “Gimme One Reason” by Tracy Chapman. 4. “ Demon’s Door” (OK, you know I love this song) by Kien Lim and 5. pretty much anything that Rick Springfield ever sang. (Yes, I know. I have issues.)

Yesterday:
I worked a few hours in the morning, doing payroll and scheduling, boring, boring, boring. I came home and took a nap as the night before was a late one and very emotionally draining. Then woke up and decided to put my pain to work for me. Set up my computer, finally, and made some changes to the script I’m working on for this year’s Rogue Festival. Then I went to dinner with APj- and yes I ate the food that was touching first :) APj came back to my apartment (that no other humans live in, yeah…) and had a spot of tea while she read my draft and gave me some feedback. Then I stayed up way too late playing around on line.

1 Year Ago:
I was working at the pet hospital where I am still currently employed. I was living with 3 roommates, 2 dogs and 4 cats at the Weldon house, which SSM affectionately dubbed “The Estrogen Pad.” Coming to terms with my mom’s illness ( and no, I’m still not there yet.)

5 Years Ago:
I was living (just me and Bodhi) in a fabulous condo downtown; 2 stories 2 giant bedrooms, 2 ½ baths- one with a sunken tub, garage, balcony and patio (Only $25 a month more than the rent on my current, little 1 BR, 1 BA) Having a fabulous time playing with a Navy boy 10 years younger than me who lived in San Diego. Working at Rape Counseling Service as a grant writer/ manager and crisis intervention advocate/ counselor. And missing SSM, cuz he was living in Washington and I HATE IT when SSM lives in Washington!

10 Years Ago:
Ahh, these were good times… I think… well, what I can remember. Working as a record store manager, listening to music, going to concerts… hmm- I guess I’ll finish this thought with another little bit of my play:


Daniel:
(Laughing) Remember the chocolate chip cookies?

Zoe:
Which chocolate chip cookies?

Daniel:
The chocolate chip cookies. At the Dead concert.

Zoe:
Oh, those cookies.

Daniel:
You and Evan drank an entire bottle of Captain Morgan in the car on the way to Mountain View.

Zoe:
You helped.

Daniel:
Not much. Any way, half way through the opening act we were all pretty buzzed. And you sent us off to find some pot.

Zoe:
Yeah and I was pretty disappointed when you got back and all you had was chocolate chip cookies.

Daniel:
So you take one bite, look at Evan with your nose all turned up, and say, “this tastes terrible, I don’t want it.”

Zoe:
And Evan ate his cookie and all but one bite of mine.

Daniel:
Forty-five minutes later Evan and I are completely baked, and you get pissed cuz you think we found some pot and smoked it before we came back to our seats.

Zoe:
Neither one of you ever said that they were “special” cookies.

Daniel:
We thought you knew.

4 Were Jade Ed :

  • At 5:13 AM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    FOOD TOUCHING!!!!!!!
    and please note, I did NOT eat the food parts that were touching!!!!


    welcome back to blogland.


    APj

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    A Nick Gilder cover band would not give you enough material for 1/5 of a show. But don't laugh I love that song and I always sing it at Tokyo Gardens. In fact I think one night I even got Magill to sing it with me, and I think you were there!

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Lelly said…

    Oh yes...nice come-back! And I love 'this monkey's gone to heaven too'...good choice

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger lecram sinun said…

    Jade - good to have you back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home