jade ed gypsy

Friday, July 22, 2005

Providence, Fate and Serendipity

I decided it's time for me to live on my own again. No more roommates. Just me, Bodhi and Veruca. I was having a hard time finding a place that I can afford that also meets my requirements.
Monday at work, a client I always liked, but haven't seen in about a year stopped by to buy something. I remembered that he lived on the same street as me and for some reason asked if he still did. He replied that yes, he did, and asked if I still lived on Weldon as well. I said that I did, but was looking to move into my own place. He became very excited and said the the guy who lives in the other half of his duplex is moving out and it hadn't been advertised yet. He gave me the owner's phone #.
I called the owner, and whatta ya know, he's also a client I haven't seen in while who always liked me. He said the current renter was giving him a hard time and perhaps it would be better if I called him to see if he would show me the apartment. He didn't expect he would agree. I called the current renter, and yup, another client, who also always liked me. I saw the apartment that night.
List of requirements.
Not upstairs- check
No one upstairs of me- check
Nice yard in back for Bodhi- check
Good area (Tower of course)- check
Pet's Ok- check
Rent not too high- check
I wrote the check yesterday. I move in August 19th.
Happy camper? - check.

18 Were Jade Ed :

  • At 1:56 AM, Blogger Lelly said…

    Crikey Jade, you don't hang about!We've been living in the same house for over 17 years, and have been 'thinking about moving' for at least 5.When we bought it (or rather took out a mortgage to buy it!) the criteria were:
    1.Walking distance from the station (I was commuting to London every day at the time)
    2. Basement (Steve was learning the drums at the time)
    3. Garden for the cats

    I no longer commute and Steve no longer plays the drums. We would now like fewer neighbours, easier parking and a bigger garden. HOWEVER house is also walking distance to EVERYWHERE in town (beach,bars,restaurants,theatres,
    shops, swimming pool)and I don't drive, and our local pub (30 seconds away) is one of the best in town. Hoping the fate will take a hand and present us with a house we can't resist...as it did when we saw this one...or we'll be here for ever!

    Missed you too!

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Not owning property makes moving much easier. And- I'm not jade ed GYPSY for nothin'.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice one girl! Way ta go!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lelly, now that you've aired it, it'll probably happen. Congrats!

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger lecram sinun said…

    Good on you Jade. I've been moving too... internally.

    I've just been spending my time holed up away from the (rather long) heat spell rediscovering myself. (No, APJ not that way.)

    It feels as if I've parceled myself off over the last 5 years to this or that... that my true being was coming up short.

    It's not a bad thing... just a bit disconcerting to find so little of me left in the jar. Like things I use to be good at disappeared... or went on a vacation without me.

    Hmmm... hope they return soon.

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey lecram, it's like riding a bike....... Unless you're senile of course.

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just heard on TV this morning that in England, one moves home ( on average ) every 7 years.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Wow- then I should be 'bout 90 years old. Believe me, sometimes I feel like it.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    geez - I go away for ONE weekend, and look what happens!!
    Lecram - take it easy on that rediscovering yourself....I hear it'll make you go blind.

    Kien - that whole "its like riding a bike" analogy works until ya' remember -- that falling off said bike hurts!!

    Jade - new place is highly deserved. Since perfection OBVIOUSLY has been attained, when doe Johnny D move in next door?

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jayne, that's why he won't fall........

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    yes, APJ, Lecram's rediscovering is very much what you thought it was. only he's got dogs.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    APj- Hey the place isn't THAT perfect:)But you and Miss Louhoo will have to come over for a JD night. (note to Lelly: this does NOT mean that Joel Dyer is going to get very lucky.)And Apj- that'll teach ya leave town, now won't it? Want to catch some Shakespeare Friday night?

    And Mr Guitar god- oh wait I forgot, there's two of ya-
    Dear Mr Theramin man. Thanks- my karma's not anymore active than anyone else's, I'm just tryin' hard to pay attention for once.

    And to the other guitar god- So what's the secret to not fallin' off the bike?

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    Jade -
    would love to catch Shakespeare on Friday, but me Mum is going to be here. If you're up to meeting me Mum.....I do plan on taking her to see Shakespeare anyway, but wasn't sure which nite.


    would love to have dinner anytime after the 2nd (Mum leaves) for a J.D. nite. We could do a Johnny movie-a-thon and play Depp drinking games.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    this JD will most certainly be getting lucky that night. date's already planned, date has already accepted and it's understood that i'm not going to sleep unhappy.
    meet ms. sockpuppet!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    han't none heard of "once yous learn ta ride a bike, yous neva fergit......."
    Lecram's ridden dat bike b4.....
    .

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Yes, we know about ridin da bike. We're jus pokin da bear:)

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bleedin' pokers....!

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Ain't that better than pokin' bleeders? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home