jade ed gypsy

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Go for a Spin

I get out of bed... the room spins. I sit back down....the room spins. Start to get ready for work.... hmmm... why are all my rooms spinning? I MUST get ready and go to work. I have to open therewillbenoonelesethere ifIdon'tgotoworkIcannotgooutandKaraoketonight... the damn room is still spinning!! Get shift covered, call trusty friend, lay back down... room still spinning.
No, I'm not in love, and I haven't been on a binge!

Go to the Dr... discover I have Vertigo. No, not the Kim Novak movie or the U2 song. Don't know how long it will last. Supposed to stay home from work for at least a week. (Not gonna happen... I mean, no worky... no checky!) Not supposed to drive. So far, I've honored that one. Friends have taken me to the Dr, taken me to get my rx, picked me up and brought me over for dinner and a movie (and actually a shower, too, but that's not as exciting as it sounds and I know how you are!) Apj picked me up to go to breakfast and took me grocery shopping (Yes... APj took me to the store, aren't you jealous?) She even emptied the kitty boxes for me. Now THAT is a true friend. I did reward her by playing a certain scene from the Director's cut of Alexander in slow motion... and let her take it home with her. So if you call and she doesn't answer..... :)

But I missed Karaoke. And I was already missing my new friends. And I HATE not being able to do things for myself!! Sooo.... hopefully it will pass soon, really really soon.

I have caught up on watching a few movies that I wanted to see. In addition to Alexander... June Bug (which I didn't really care for) 2046 which is stunningly beautiful and I highly recommend. Especially to Kien (cuz your girlfriend, Ziyi is in it) and Lecram (cuz they make use of your favorite Connie Francis song... and Gong Li) Also saw Breakfast on Pluto... brilliant film by Neil Jordon! Now trying to decide if I want to rewatch So You Married an Axe Murderer, or Carlito's Way. Hmmm... decisions, decisions.

Miss you all.

16 Were Jade Ed :

  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger lecram sinun said…

    Yeah, I saw 2046 a few months ago. Cool and trippy. Really liked the convoluted structure... and yes stunningly beaytiful to look at... and not just fot Li & yiyi. :)

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger lecram sinun said…

    p.s. hope you're feeling better soon.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    APj is always willing to take very good friends to the store.....

    APj has spent the last 30 minutes going to and fro at the store:

    Alert-alert-alert! Did you know you can see much of Colin Farrell's package in the movie Alexander?!?!?!?!?

    Sorry - I've froed back to the store.

    Oh thank heaven for 7-11.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger RACHEL said…

    I sure hope you are feeling much more chipper soon.

    No karaoke till jad ed is better! That is the rule!

    Absolutely agree regaring "Carlito's Way" too. Matter of fact, I am watching it right now.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger KaMotion said…

    ugh, hope your vertigo takes a hike soon.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said…

    U2 rocks. And that's what you keep hearing with your baby ear bone? Cool. Kinda like Susan Day in The Partridge Family when her braces were picking up a radio station, huh? Way cool...
    oh...right. Hope you're feeling better soon. But can I call you Laurie from now on?

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    lecram... you already saw it? You're holding out on me again!
    APj...glad you're enjoying CF's, ummm.... more than adequate... talent.
    Rach... thanks for being karaoke loyal :) Let's Pho this week.
    Steph... actually she said it could be months. I'm ignoring that. And rolling... bones... updownleftright. Come on, I already went to the store with APj!
    SSM... No, you will call me Pookie. This is and always has been the rule! Don't go changing things on me in my delicate condition!!
    Kam and all... thanks for the good wishes.

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Semi-Gloss Lacquer said…

    vertigo...

    in that case I definitely will try to write more and entertain you... (did the doctor say what the cause for it was? It usually is tied in wtih other conditions, (not to make you nervous, usually it's just somethign like an ear infection or the african tze-tze fly, that has bitten you and will cause you to have 'orrible night sweats after two weeks, incredible hallucinations during the middle of the day, and a strange need for endless playing of Kenny Rogers 'Lady.'
    (Note: do not substitute Styx: Lady, it can result in a very awkward rash projectile vomiting, and the spinning around of ones head like an owl.. (oh wait, was that Ozzy Osbourne or Zepplin...)

    Anyway... I'm hoping you feel better soon...
    (Try 'NorthFork,' (Nick Nolte, Darryl Hannah, etc.) great film, (a little sad, but great when you're on medication...)
    -or Zoolander, (yes,yes, I know, the rest of his films can be really stupid, but this one is worth it for the swedish massage scene alone, (at least that's what APJ told me...)

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think you are stuck on a mark go round..

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think you are stuck on a mary go round..

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger airplanejayne said…

    I wouldn't mind being stuck on a Mark go 'round...

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger jade ed girl said…

    Who's Mark? And how we be stuck? I've barely left the house? :)

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Lelly said…

    Poor you!! Hope you feel better soon Jade! x

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Lelly said…

    How're you doing, Jade?

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger RACHEL said…

    Wondering about your status?

    rach

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger lecram sinun said…

    Hey, came by to wish you a Happy Turkey Day! Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home